Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
The Health Economics Senior Analyst is a key member of the Health Economics team at Sword Health. Working closely with a Senior Actuary, this role focuses on measuring the impact of Sword Health’s virtual physical therapy services through comprehensive healthcare claims data analytics.
• Collaborative Analysis: Partner with the Senior Actuary to assess the value and impact of Sword Health services using health claims data.
• Data Management: Contribute to the data workflow, including acquisition, cleaning, normalization, and storage.
• Methodology Coding: Translate contractual methodologies into code for analytical purposes.
• Statistical Interpretation: Employ a background in statistics to interpret results, and collaborate with the Senior Actuary to offer insights.
• •Tool Utilization: Use Python, R, SAS, or SQL for daily data manipulation and analysis tasks.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Statistics, Health Economics, Data Science, or related field.
• 6+ years of experience in statistics and data analysis, healthcare or medical claims preferred.
• Proficiency in Python, R, SAS, or SQL.
• Excellent communication skills, capable of working in a collaborative environment.
Reporting: This role reports to the Senior Actuary on the Health Economics team.