One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member’s pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Work from anywhere:
Hinge Health employees have the flexibility to work remotely in hubs across the US, Canada, and Latin America or work from our offices in San Francisco, Portland, and Montreal.
To Learn more about our company & culture please visit:
About the role:
The mission for this role is to design a distinctive series of new products to improve the members’ balance and strength. You will be responsible for defining the product vision, designing the end user experience and delivering the experience for market launch. This highly strategic and innovative design role is the key to scaling the Hinge Health product offerings, while fundamentally changing the standard of preventive senior care. You will have a direct impact in improving the lives of people struggling with muscular skeletal health conditions.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- As a lead product designer you will be responsible for leading the definition, design, and delivery of large-scoped features and complex initiatives/new products. Collectively, you will improve member satisfaction and clinical outcomes, while driving down the total cost of MSK care.
- You will be in the unique position to partner with leadership in pioneering a healthcare product known for its user-friendly experience and ease of use. You will work closely with a broad set of stakeholders across engineering, design, clinical, coaching, PT, education, content, growth marketing, and commercial teams to deliver an impactful and market defining solution at scale.
- You will lead as a strong systems thinker, crafting our user experience, interaction patterns and guidelines to contribute and promote a unified design language across all Hinge Health products. Set high visual and interaction design quality standards for the Design and UX team.
- You will bring practice improvement, thought leadership, creative thinking, and mentorship for less experienced designers.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years of product/service design experience
- A portfolio demonstrating: shipment of multiple products successfully; strong expertise in applying interaction design patterns to solve complex workflows, as well as in visual design, information hierarchy, layout, composition, and typography.
- Mastery over user research and human-centered design processes
- Experience in leading product design from opportunity development, to concept design, prototyping, and to shipment
- Ability to provide strong influence and impact on product direction by being a thoughtful, proactive partner with Product and Engineering colleagues
- Proven ability to communicate deep design thinking at all levels of the organization. Proven success presenting work at executive level and using design to build alignment
- Strong background in designing and shipping for responsive web and mobile app
- The ability to design and document user flows and design components at a system level
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in interaction design, industrial design, product design, service design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent experience
- A 0 to 1 mindset — you’re comfortable navigating ambiguity, partnering closely with product and engineering teammates to make decisions quickly, learn from them, and iterate. You aren’t afraid to put something out there to get rapid feedback.
- Design innovator — you are excited to redefine a space by bringing novel, delightful ideas to the table. You are able to pull from unexpected sources of inspiration.
- Master of many mediums — you design seamlessly across mobile, desktop, wearables and other interfaces
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- Flexible PTO
- FSA/HSA accounts
- Family & fertility benefit through Maven Clinic
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Generous Professional Development budget
- Quarterly lifestyle benefit to use towards WFH equipment & fitness
- Mental health stipend
- Remote first workplace, with bi-annual onsites for the design team