Los Angeles, CA
Madhappy develops and designs goods for the curious. We hope to serve as optimistic guides: cultivating community, elevating connection, and nurturing a world linked by shared experience.
About the job
We are looking to hire a full-time Associate Designer role for Madhappy.
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the design team in all aspects of design development for Madhappy. This role will report directly to our Senior Design Director.
You must be based in or willing to move to Los Angeles to be considered for this position.
● Support design team with administrative tasks
● Support design team with extensive vintage research to find new silhouettes, fabrics, trims, Logo techniques, etc.
● Responsible for updating visual line plans, tech packs, BOM & sketch boards
● Participate in fittings to make sure all notes are changes are documented
● Create flat digital sketches for presentation boards and tech packs
● Update and maintain seasonal color development and sketch binders
● Assist in sourcing and approval of fabric samples, lab dips, strike-off’s and other development materials
● Follow up with cross functional departments on all sourcing and development materials
● 15 days of PTO annually
● Health, dental, and vision insurance with 75% premium coverage by Madhappy
● Retirement plans available
● $600 quarterly health stipends
● Employee discount and early access to products
● Highly Proficient in Illustrator and knowledge of CAD Go-getter, team player, proactive
● Willingness to roll up sleeves and jump in where needed
● Experience with design development & a desire to learn and develop skill set
● Must have a two-year AAS or College degree in Fashion Design
● Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in Fashion Design
● Keen awareness of who our current customers are
● Love for vintage research and ability to reinterpret
● Able to respond quickly to multiple projects with strong time management skills
● Resourceful, creative, and efficient when faced with multiple tasks and challenging deadlines
● Be able to take direction and work under pressure in an environment of constant shifting priorities and changes
● Detail oriented and is a strong self-starter