Santiago de Chile
Hello! This is NotCo. We are a group of people united by a very strong purpose.
We want you to get to know us, and Giuseppe, our very own artificial intelligence. We are food enthusiasts, but above all, we love the planet.So, to protect it, we reinvented the food industry one delicious mouthful at a time, elevating what we eat through our plant-based technology.
Our recipe? It includes three major components: science, technology, and of course, disruptive talents. We work daily to create a better future.
At NotCo, we’re not aiming to be the perfect company, but the right one. We’re here to bring change, which is why we take risks, we fail, and at times, achieve incredible success
We are currently looking for a Chef to be part of the Artificial Intelligence group at NotCo. The position is located in Santiago, Chile.
The Chef will develop plant-based product prototypes in the experimental kitchen according to the product brief and the development pipeline protocols. The primary task will be to make use of and feedback our algorithm for prototype development. This role reports to the AI Developer Chef – Team Leader.
- Recipe design and prepare formulations suggested by our AI-enabled system and digitally document them in our platforms to improve the database of our algorithm.
- Find novel ingredients proposed by the algorithm and incorporate them into the Kitchen-Scale formulas.
- Apply tools and learnings from the algorithm and incorporate them into the kitchen & lab-scale formulas.
- Develop plant-based product prototypes in the experimental kitchen according to product brief and the development pipeline protocols.
- Support the operation of the projects, with continuous improvement of culinary processes and techniques.
- Perform tastings required by different areas, either for new customers or internal.
- Create, innovate, and constantly develop new initiatives. This Includes: organizing the experimental kitchen, keeping the environment clean according to established protocols.
- Organize sensorial tasting meetings with other areas and customers.
- Be in constant development and culinary research.
- Make sustainability efforts to reduce food and packaging waste, recycle appropriately and, in general, design methods that make our daily work in the kitchen and office more sustainable.
- Maintain a clean, safe, work environment. Follow guidelines set out for good housekeeping, GMP’s and safety.
- Promote and engage others in developing a strong plant-based food loving culture.
- Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent (technical or professional recipe development experience, or similar).
- 3+ Years of experience in a restaurant or culinary setting.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (mainly PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Experience in development and/or preparation of plant-based recipes.
- Plan and self-manage the daily work in kitchen and administrative work.Ability to work priorities simultaneously and meet time-sensitive deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to taste and provide thorough feedback on every meal and ingredient sampled in the kitchen, including vegetarian, pork, chicken, steak, and seafood meals, as well as meals with dairy and added sugar.
- Maintain a clean, safe, work environment. Follow guidelines set out for good housekeeping, GMPs and Safety. Be proactive, organized, responsible, and punctual.
- Work experience in establishments that favor innovation and the development of plant-based preparations.
- Capacity to work in an interdisciplinary environment (with scientists, engineers, designers, food technologists and business-people).
- Proactivity, organization skills, responsibility.
- Teamwork experience in the experimental kitchen and capacity to work under pressure.
- English (oral and written).
Desirable, but not mandatory: