San Francisco, CA
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply – we would love to hear from you!
Hinge Health Hybrid Model
This is a hybrid role in San Francisco, California, which requires being in the office 2 days/week, and will likely be expanded to 3 days/week in April 2024.
About the Role
As a staff engineer, you will be a hands-on expert that takes on the most challenging technical implementations, mentors the team, and ensures that features are delivered on time and to specification. You will be part of a team responsible for shipping highly effective, engaging, and easy-to-use features for our mobile application. You’ll work closely with design and product teammates to help author the team’s strategic roadmap, create and prioritize a backlog of ready work, and seek and destroy blockers to daily progress to help your team maintain laser focus on its goals.
The ideal candidate possesses extensive expertise in React Native application development and demonstrates strong project management skills to keep the team on track to deliver high-quality results on ambitious projects.
We enjoy a continuous deployment DevOps culture, and take owner-operator pride in supporting our code in production with an on-call rotation. Rotations vary by team.
Our production systems rely on React Native, React, Node.js, Typescript, NestJS, GraphQL, Docker, Rails, AWS, Postgres, Redis and Redux. Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD, and our security/compliance posture is at the highest standards of healthcare, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, and CCPA.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Architect and implement new functionality and user experiences in the Hinge Health mobile application
- Engage with stakeholders to help author your team’s strategic roadmap and influence company strategy
- Work with your manager, product and design, to plan, execute, and deliver on sprint, quarterly and project goals
- To support your team’s continuous improvement, you’ll measure what matters most and lead blameless retros that convert insights into action
- Serve as a subject matter expert to provide technical leadership and mentorship to your teammates, other teams and engineers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree or equivalent experience
- Environment: Experience developing mobile software in an agile team environment
- Delivery: Strong project management skills and a proven track record of taking these types of projects through all stages from inception to deployment
- Testing/Quality: Ability to understand and debug native code as well as performance-tune mobile applications
- Communication: Strong technical and non-technical communication skills with the ability to articulate a vision to audiences of varying technical expertise and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Leadership: Track record of ownership for team-scale execution and technical excellence
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- In Office Perks: Daily lunch, coffee/tea and office snacks, and weekly social hours.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.