San Francisco, CA
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. Employees in Hybrid roles are expected to be in office 1 day/week (Wednesdays) in hub locations that have an office, and may be expanded to 2 days in 2024.
About the Role
Hinge Health is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Commercial Counsel to join our legal team. This role will focus on supporting our commercial and sales teams, helping draft and negotiate contracts and get deals over the finish line. The Commercial Counsel will also have the opportunity to work on projects outside the commercial sphere as the need arises. This is a unique opportunity to join a small team as we grow, both as a team and a company. You’ll work closely with other lawyers on our team, as well as in close coordination with the business groups you’ll support, including access to leadership. This role provides a clear path for growth and endless opportunities to learn.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who loves to learn, is willing to roll up their sleeves and dive in and has in-house experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment for a pre-IPO company. We are looking for someone with experience drafting and negotiating contracts who is also interested in pitching in in other areas, as the work allows. The ideal candidate has a base set of skills and a hunger and excitement for learning more, honing their existing skill set and growing as an attorney at Hinge Health.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Help ensure success of the commercial teams. Support Hinge Health commercial endeavors by leading contract reviews, contact negotiations, and serving as the main legal contact for the commercial team.
- Protect the company from unnecessary risk. Spot potential issues in commercial contracts, think creatively to solve problems, and connect and collaborate with cross functional teams to move initiatives forward.
- Manage templates and create efficiencies in our contracting process. Continuously refine templates and contract workflows, support the development of our contract management system, and provide training to our business partners.
- Advise on healthcare regulatory matters and contract interpretation. Advise internal clients on regulatory risks as they arise, advise on healthcare and privacy regulations, and advise on and interpret contract terms.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- Qualified to practice in California (either California-barred or registered in house counsel)
- 5+ years of experience, with strong experience in the drafting and negotiation of healthcare and technology contracts, excellent judgment, and ability to balance legal risks with business strategy
- Ability to thrive independently and manage your own time and workload in a fast-paced environment, and can handle ambiguity and shifting priorities with flexibility, patience, and humor
- Digital health experience
- Knowledge of Medicare Advantage regulations / contracting process
- Knowledge of federal contracting regulations / process
- Experience with a Contract Lifecycle Management System like IronClad
- Law firm experience
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- In Office Perks: Daily lunch, coffee/tea and office snacks, and weekly social hours.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.