Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
NOTE: This is a Seattle HQ based position.
As the Supply Planner, Market Supply Planning will lead the development of tactical and strategic supply plans and manage inventory levels to achieve customer service, supply chain and financial objectives. You will focus on planning accuracy, inventory optimization, profitability, factory utilization, and delivery precision across the seasonal planning horizon. You will partner closely with Logistics, Distribution Centers, International Regions, Factories, Demand Planning, Customer Service and Sales to ensure the right product is in the right place at the right time in the right quantities to meet customer demand.
- Initiate and lead the development of 24-month global supply plans to balance the demand forecast with cost, efficiency, and capacity constraints
- Develop and maintain finished goods production plans and submit and monitor global purchase orders and regional distribution orders
- Responsible for optimization of Service and Inventory Levels within the regional Distribution Network:
- o Target Inventory KPIs (DIO – Days Inventory Outstanding/WOS – Weeks of Supply, Inventory Health – %Excess/%Inactive, Safety Stock targets)
- o Target Service Level KPIs (%EFR – Enterprise Fill Rate, $OOS – Out of Stock)
- Facilitate the monthly review for validating the stock equation to identify any service risk to meet demand and to compare inventory vs. target inventory levels (ie. ideal inventory target per the demand & supply plans)
- Accountable for providing short term (next 13 weeks) supply availability and effective risk communication on new product launches, CMAs, events, promotions, new/lost business, on-going and end of Life products to Business and Supply chain teams (end to end scope)
- Support the facilitation of the S&OP monthly Supply Review meeting to align the most cost effective 24-month supply plan that meets customer and business Go-to-Market requirements
- Support and leverage systems and processes to continuously optimize inventory and supply planning including:
- o Sourcing agility: Collaborate with vendors (T1/T2) and Footwear & Apparel teams to reduce blocked horizon, manufacturing line saturation and batch size to increase reactivity
- o Customer Service protection: Calculate safety stock based on lead-time, replenishment frequency and forecast; validate/align safety stock results with Sales and Demand Planning teams
- o Portfolio health: collaborate with Demand Planning and Finance to control portfolio complexity and propose SKU rationalization consensus with Sales, Marketing and Product to optimize catalog profitability
- o Planning efficiency: Maintain regular portfolio segmentation (A, B, C / Strategic Product) to optimize efficiency and inventory control in the planning process
- Challenge viability of new launches by reviewing the Marketing brief and the Logistics launch data to avoid the creation of excess or SKU complexity for the supply chain
- Prevent excess supply of on-going products by performing monthly reviews of productions yielding excess and potential batch size/MOQ reduction or discontinuation
- Manage the process of discontinuation of end-of-life cycle materials as part of the Speed-to-Market initiative in partnership with the Asia Manufacturing Planning team and our T1/TII vendors
- Participate in Global or Regional cross-functional projects
- Present and provide context on the inventory KPIs for the monthly Supply Review meeting and the S&OP scorecard
- Evaluate Enterprise Fill Rate/$ Out of Stock, including performing root cause analysis and solution problem solving for any identified inventory gaps
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or related field or equivalent combination of experience
- 3+ years of experience in supply chain management, demand planning, or inventory management required
- Understanding of advanced planning systems, preferably experience using M3 related inventory planning tools
- Strong computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Excel required
- Strong organizational skills: the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and an analytical, investigative approach to problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!