San Francisco, CA
Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof. We are scaling our engineering team and looking for world-class engineers with experience and expertise in building consumer facing mobile applications. As an early member of our engineering team, you’ll have a key role in building the future of healthcare from first principles.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder’s Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
Health Moves Forward [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
The Pivot to Virtual Care [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Tackle problems on the boundary of software, hardware, and the real world.
- Work with product managers, engineers, designers and medical experts to conceptualize and implement new mobile app features for our large-and-growing external and internal user base.
- Drive initiatives to improve user experience, performance, stability, and testing across our mobile apps.
- Work with top-flight software and hardware engineering talent from places like Google, Amazon, Nvidia, Palantir, and NASA JPL.
- Own entire projects while working alongside cross-functional teams of doctors, designers, and operators.
- Your work will directly contribute to saving and improving people’s lives. For real. 🙂
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Impact – You’re deeply mission-driven and you think there’s more to life than software that enables puppy ears to be superimposed on photos. Although we concede those are cute.
- Mobile expertise – You have a deep understanding of mobile design, mobile development lifecycle and user interactions. You are an expert at building production apps using ReactNative, and have experience with native iOS and Android development.
- Product passion – You care about the bits you ship ending up in users’ hands, and work backwards from user needs to come up with solutions to problems.
- Entrepreneurship – You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission – you’re too busy making things happen.
- Team player – You know how to make those around you better and feed off their energy. You take care of your teammates.
- Curiosity – You like to mess around with hardware hacking, computer vision, or bioinformatics in your free time? You made your own smart mirror? Boy have we got some fun things for you…
- You have a BS or MS in computer science or a related field