10 SQUARED – PETER ATTIA’S NEWEST VENTURE IN AUSTIN, TX
Co-founded by Peter Attia, MD – Author of the #1 New York Times Bestseller, Outlive: The Science and Art of Longevity, founder of Early Medical and Early, and host of The Drive, one of the most popular podcasts covering the topics of health and medicine. Peter focuses on applying the principles of Medicine 3.0 with the goal of lengthening lifespan (living longer) and simultaneously improving healthspan (living better).
10 SQUARED programs employ the very best contemporary science to maximize physical function, preserve physical capacity, and minimize musculoskeletal pain – such that today’s health and happiness may set foundations for the finest possible Marginal Decade (the final decade of life).
This role will be full-time, in office, at our new Physical Performance Centre in Austin, Texas, Member programming will be delivered both in person at the Centre and via video programming (app, Zoom, private messaging, and email). Candidates for this Coaching role must reside within the Austin, TX area, or be prepared to relocate to Austin to take up employment. This job does not accommodate hybrid or remote candidates.
We recognize that great candidates may be working across a number of different job titles. We do not have a fixed list of designated qualifications. Although we value the art of continued learning, and demand certain aptitudes for the role, we will consider a broad pool of possible talent.
We are actively considering strength and conditioning experts across a broad range of previous or current roles:
- Trainer/Personal Trainer
- Fitness/Exercise Coach
- Sports Scientist/Exercise Physiologist
- Strength and Conditioning coach
Regardless of your current working title, please refer to the information below to decide whether you may be right for this role.
Our Strength and Mobility Specialists will play senior role in the 10 SQUARED Physical Performance Program, leading the development of our knowledge and Member services in this domain, and conducting key in-person assessments for our Members.
As a Strength and Mobility Specialist, you will possess an advanced understanding of strength and conditioning modalities, together with foundational human physiology, and preferably hold relevant qualification(s) in these domains. You must be able to deliver specialist-level assessments in strength and movement, and be capable of supervising safe and effective week-to-week programming for Members. Flexibility, excellent communication and attentiveness to detail will be essential characteristics of the successful candidate.
The Strength and Mobility Specialist will work alongside our Injury Prevention Specialist (as well as a network of trusted external medical partners) when clinical guidance is required. Supervision of the routine weekly programming set by our Physical Performance Coaches will be a core duty. This is a substantial senior role serving a VIP client base, and a demonstrated level of maturity and emotional intelligence is essential. A commitment to excellence in service delivery for our Members is expected.
We are looking for candidates who have a growth mindset, and a history of lifelong learning (both personally and professionally). Over the course of your employment, you will be provided with opportunities for learning and development alongside the 10 SQUARED Founder team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AT 10 SQUARED
The routine duties of our Strength and Mobility Specialist will include the following:
- conduct detailed strength & mobility assessments for Members as part of the Program team
- collaborate with our Injury Prevention Specialists to safely integrate programs
- direct and inform routine Strength and Mobility programs delivered by Coaches
- formal and informal ongoing communication with Members in a Specialist capacity
- consult with 10 SQUARED Coaches on complex Program cases
- contribute to developing (proprietary) Strength and Mobility protocols
- recruit and train other Strength and Mobility experts and Coaches in these protocols
- advise and supervise maintenance of Strength and Mobility equipment
- continuing Education and Safety Training
- maintenance and security of Member records using nominated software and systems
A typical allocation of the Coach’s time each week might look something like this:
- 25% Supervision and advice for Program Coaches
- 25% Conduct Key Strength and Mobility Assessments with Program team
- 20% Liaison between stakeholders (Member, Program Manager and Specialists)
- 15% Learning and development
- 10% Direct communication with patients (video coaching, coaching software, messaging apps)
- 5% research, evaluation and maintenance of equipment inventory
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND MINDSET
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in one or more of the following domains would be an advantage in application for this role:
- Strength and conditioning
- Exercise Physiology/Sports Science
- Kinesiology/Mobility and Movement
- Postural Restoration Institute (PRI)
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS)
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRC)
- experience working with individuals who have orthopedic limitations
- instruction and teaching of Clients
- management of a business or Team
Candidates should possess at least 5 years of proven professional experience in a related role.
Candidate mindset is a leading attribute we are studying across the application journey. Every colleague at 10 Squared is unique, but we share a certain DNA across the team:
- Persistence (relentless in finding resolution to problems)
- Diligence (mindfulness of your actions, your strategy, your process)
- Mastery (seeking expertise in your domain)
- Empathy (never losing sight of the Member’s perspective)
- Ambition (determination to set and accomplish goals)
- Reliability (self-managed performance)
- Fortitude (operation within a high-performing team)
- Engagement (investment in personal, company, and Member success)
- Curiosity (an appetite for growth, knowledge, or development)
- Humility (an assumption that the perspective of others might be worth hearing)
- Integrity (a commitment to honesty and truth)
Regardless of formal qualifications and experience, a demonstrated compatibility with these values will be the basis of success in our application process.
Potential candidates must also:
- possess a well-developed ability to read professional and interpersonal circumstances,
- possess a process- and planning orientation ,
- work efficiently and creatively to solve problems,
- work independently with limited supervision,
- influence and collaborate with colleagues, and
- quickly comprehend organizational structures and the objectives of the team
HOW TO GET HIRED
We have designed a personalized interview process over multiple rounds, and candidates are encouraged to be deliberate and authentic in their participation. Do your research on Peter’s related exercise programs – like this podcast, for example. The fastest way to get a job offer is to be so good that we cannot ignore you. Inspire your recruiter to advocate for your placement by leaning on them as a dedicated resource to vet this opportunity.
Be ready, because we will move fast. Selected candidates can expect to make progress through the interview process quickly. We consider candidates on an immediate rolling basis and will not delay interviews until a formal launch date. Interviews may be facilitated during nontraditional hours to assist candidates and expedite the hiring process. For leading candidates, the interview process will culminate in a late-stage onsite assessment in the presence of 10 Squared Founders and team members.
This candidate would be expected to relocate permanently to Austin and start work no later than 4-6 weeks after any employment offer is made.
- 100% employer-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance (multi-plan selection available)
- 100% employer-sponsored basic life insurance
- 100% employer-sponsored short term and long term disability insurance
- Voluntary employee benefits – including life insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored HSA contributions for HDHP medical plans
- Additional HSA and FSA spending account plans for employees
- 401k safe harbor match of 5%
- Competitive holiday schedule and PTO schedule
- Company issued technology and cell phone
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The annual base salary range for this role is between $ 130K and $ 160K, with available annual performance bonuses in the range of 30-40% anticipated.
10 Squared is an equal-opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. We ensure equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without discrimination or harassment based on race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
10 Squared also extends this policy to every phase of the employment process including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, transfer, training and development, position elimination, restructuring, promotion, compensation, benefits, layoffs, termination, and all other conditions or privileges of employment. Early Medical and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. M/F/V/D/S
M/F/V/D/S Definition: An Equal Opportunity–Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.