Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
NOTE: This is a Seattle HQ based job at Brooks Running.
Brooks has revolutionized its Data & Analytics capabilities by rebuilding the ecosystem using best of breed cloud native technologies in a multi-cloud environment. This is just the start! We continue to evaluate, implement, and expand our platform to exceed the needs of our business partners. We will partner with our business teams to understand their challenges and seek to implement solutions that they never thought possible. Further we will continue to adopt best practices for operational excellence and enterprise scalability. Brooks is a data savvy company, and our teams expect results.
The successful Data Platform Product Manager candidate will be able to understand technical discussion while still having a roadmap of enabling platform capabilities. They will be a key representative to the business community regarding the direction and capabilities of the platform. This highly influential position will bring empathy for business problems while keeping an eye on what the enterprise data & analytics platform will become. You will share your vision in partnership with leaders in the Data & Analytics team to drive the overall platform capabilities and deliver value to our business partners across the organization. You will be given the reigns to evolve work intake processes, define work approval criteria, and manage prioritization.
Come join Brooks in leading the way with Data & Analytics!
- PLATFORM OWNERSHIP
- Manage and evolve the work intake, definition, acceptance criteria, scoping, and prioritization process with clear business communications and coordination of the technical delivery team to deliver increased functionality
- Know the ins and outs of the logical (architectural) and physical (technical) structure of the entire Data & Analytics platform – from ingest to insights
- Provide recommendations for naming of data solutions in alignment with established taxonomy
- Define and enforce the criteria for requested work execution – only working on the efforts that deliver strong ROI to Brooks
- In relation to the platform, work with the centralized Data & Analytics team to define where it should expand and/or pivot, why and with prioritization through a clearly defined strategy and roadmap – answer the question “what do we want the Data & Analytics platform to be”
- Establish and monitor OLAs and SLAs through KPIs and metrics for the platform, in partnership with the Data Engineering team
- Ensure solutions are comprehensive (aligning data engineering, business intelligence, data management, and training / communications functions) and maintain high degrees of quality for the solution beyond simply delivering a technology solution
- Ensures business focused documentation and release notes are captured and published in a timely manner
- Serve the role of Product Owner for the Data & Analytics Platform Team
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Communicate with Experience Product teams clearly and succinctly on the status of work, expected completion dates, platform capabilities, planned functionality, etc.
- Support the Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, and in time Data Science teams to bring clarity to work
- Be a mentor to less experienced Product Managers within the Data & Analytics team
- Have a thirst for continuous improvement, automation, and innovation of solutions to accelerate high quality delivery
- Bring a positive Run Happy energy and work with the team to deliver the best possible solutions
- Other responsibilities as required
- 7+ years of experience in a product management capability focused on application development, business intelligence, data engineering, or big data space
- 3+ years of technical experience in a data & analytics environment (BI developer, DBA, engineer, etc.)
- Experience helping to define epics and user stories, and to evaluate proposed technical and process solutions to meet those requirements
- Experience working in a global environment with colleagues from different cultures and backgrounds
- Experience working within Agile development methodologies delivering systems development/enhancements
- Knowledge of networking, compute, storage, IaaS, PaaS solutions, cloud operations
- A high degree of analytic capability and inductive thinking required to devise new, non-standard approaches to highly intricate, technically complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organizing, and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products, or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots”
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!