Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
As the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Lead for Brooks, you’ll be responsible for developing, managing and executing the SEO strategy for BrooksRunning.com (BR.com). You will work closely with partners on Digital Marketing, eCommerce, and Digital Products to ensure core SEO pillars are prioritized across the business. You will manage a technical roadmap to deliver functional updates as needed and mandated by algorithm changes, assisting external agencies with content creation for priority keywords, and coordination with other channels on offsite improvements to drive organic growth. You will also consult on new features and optimizations that can aid in a better SERP-to-Purchase journey to optimize the eCommerce site experience.
As the channel owner for SEO, you will be responsible for reporting on KPIs and forecasting for future growth of the channel. The ideal candidate will understand both the paid and organic search space, be able to navigate the changing SERP landscape and understand the push/pull between paid and organic search resources and priorities.
- Lead SEO efforts and serve as the in-house organic search expert
- Partner with Search agency to develop editorial framework for SEO content deliverables to support various eCommerce levers such as articles, PLP and PDP optimizations, schema updates, etc.
- Continuously audit and optimize existing BR.com content to ensure it meets SEO best practices in partnership with agency and creative teams
- Brief, project manage, and deliver on SEO projects such as new article briefs, site optimizations, and technical enhancements
- Support ad-hoc keyword analysis and SEO copywriting for PLP and PDP as needed
- Coordinate with acquisition and loyalty teams to leverage insights from search in channel performance enhancements
- Drive and oversee search agency in the development of technical recommendations to support search efforts and deliver on recommendations in partnership with Digital Products team
- Own the SEO KPI framework and performance reporting. Leverage data and analytics to identify opportunities for optimization and future content planning
- Stay up to date on the latest SEO best practices, incorporate that knowledge in the content and share with key internal stakeholders
- Participate in go-to-market planning for seasonal marketing activations and deliver plans to drive more visits to Brooks through search
- Advise on best practices as they relate to SEO in the Site Enhancements and Performance Program working groups
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Media, Digital Marketing or related experience
- 5+ years’ experience of direct SEO experience
- Experience managing outside partners and vendors
- Experience with SEO tools, such as: Screaming Frog, SEM Rush, Moz, and TubeBuddy
- Experience with SEO copywriting required
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud strongly preferred
- Experience working cross-functionally with copywriters, designers, and developers to ensure SEO best practices are embedded in all digital initiatives
- Strong critical-thinking skills with proven problem-solving expertise to drive growth, acquisition, and conversion
- Superior collaborator and communicator
- Possesses organizational skills to work in a deadline-driven, detail-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
- Outstanding ability to think creatively to identify and resolve problems
- Experience creating and implementing search-driven content
- Experience with Adobe Analytics
- Extremely proficient in core Microsoft Office products
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company
- Embrace and live the Brooks values!