San Francisco, CA
Hinge Health is moving people beyond pain by transforming the way it is treated and prevented. Connecting people digitally and in-person with expert clinical care, we combine advanced technology, AI and a care team of experts to guide people through personalized care directly from their phone. Our approach is proven to reduce pain by 68%, prevent 42% of new opioid prescriptions, and avoid more than half of joint replacement surgeries. Available to 18M people, Hinge Health is trusted by leading health plans and employers, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply – we would love to hear from you!
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees in hybrid roles are required to be in the office 2 days/week. We will be expanding to 3 days/week in the office beginning April of 2024.
About the Role:
Hinge Health software engineers work on small interdisciplinary teams focused on different parts of the user journey. Fullstack engineers contribute to their team’s success by building and extending secure, scalable services and exposing clear, well-tested APIs that power beautiful client applications. Fullstack engineers design and implement end-to-end solutions, profile their systems to stay out ahead of scaling bottlenecks, and help maintain a high bar with thoughtful and constructive code reviews.
Our production systems rely on React, Node.js, TypeScript, Nestjs, GraphQL, Docker, Rails, AWS, Postgres, Redis, Redux and React Native. Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD, and our security/compliance posture is at the highest standards of healthcare, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, and CCPA.
We enjoy a continuous deployment DevOps culture, and take owner-operator pride in supporting our code in production with an on-call rotation. Rotations vary by team.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Every day, you’ll review 2x more PRs than you open
- Every sprint, you’ll design and incrementally deliver meaningful, complex features
- Every month, you’ll resolve a couple performance and scaling bottlenecks, balancing feature development with long-term tech investments to keep the platform healthy and nimble
- Every quarter, you’ll help define the objectives and key results that will shape your team’s roadmap
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Delivery: Ability to break big projects into small, testable pieces to consistently hit business-meaningful milestones
- Domain Expertise: Experience with distributed microservices architecture built in Docker containers utilizing Node.js/TypeScript and/or Ruby on Rails. Experience with React and/or React Native with Apollo client and Redux
- Problem Solving: Business intuition that informs right-sized solutions, thoughtful trade offs, and game-changing innovation
- Communication: Clear, inclusive communication with both teammates and non-technical partners
- Leadership: A track record of strong ownership, initiative, tenacity, integrity, and humility
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree or equivalent experience
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- In Office Perks: Daily lunch, coffee/tea and office snacks, and weekly social hours.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.