ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Director, Sourcing Direct Materials to join our Global Procurement team. This role will lead a team of Category Managers and Procurement Engineers and will assist the company to research future architectures and technologies for its breakthrough end to end fitness systems. Responsible for developing new suppliers and new sourcing partnerships that can be incorporated into new products, as well as existing products to improve cost, efficiency, or quality. Work with the broader internal multi-functional teams to evaluate the opportunities, while ensuring commercial agreements, intellectual property, and project agreements are accurate and well established prior to pipelining. As Director, Sourcing Direct Materials, you will primarily work with a team of manufacturing, operations, engineering, and quality as well as technical leads in order to resolve critical issues. Must be results-driven about business cost reduction, aggregating supplier volume/reducing price, and identifying new opportunities. Work closely with team leads, budget owners, and leadership throughout the direct categories.
Open to the following work locations: New York HQ or Woodinville, WA
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Lead the Global Sourcing Team
- Development and execution of comprehensive Sourcing Strategy aligned with Supply Chain and Business objectives
- Lead sourcing efforts and direct the execution of effective cost saving initiatives
- Implement and supervise process improvements, training, and talent development
- Develop new suppliers for potential incorporation into new and existing products
- Develop commercial agreements to accurately reflect the expectations of project including fixed and variable costs, lead times, schedules, manufacturing capacities, as well as test, quality, and ongoing reliability needs
- Design and build infrastructure, virtual and experimental to prove and ensure efficiency and performance of the supply alternatives
- Lead all aspects of the Advanced Sourcing efforts and analyze workflow, establish priorities, develop standards, and set deadlines
- Deliver a seamless transition of viable new technologies into the product development process handling risks while meeting quality, schedule, and cost goals
- Handle and lead the operations effort of developing new and adaptations of existing technologies for Peloton
- Design and implement components using FEA/CFM or other advanced simulations tools to accelerate experimentation
- Meet with other Directors to collaborate internally, negotiate the right tradeoffs, solicit teamwork and resolve problems, and advance new supplier or product offerings
- Direct all budget and capital activities to advanced supplier development
- Provide technical direction by evaluating and guiding Product Strategy through operational design and development
- Ensure the best direction for the team to deliver world-class innovation from initial concept to launch with best practices and advanced development techniques
- Own all associated cost engineering activities to converge the bottoms-up cost curve to product cost, maximizing the total cost of ownership across the product lifecycle
- Conduct value-stream mapping exercises to optimize supply network lead time, total cost, and network flexibility.
- Support cross-functional DfX activities, from the vantage points of cost, quality, supply chain, manufacturing, and serviceability
- Drive the sourcing SPOR, ensure components are sourced by commodity mgmt. and JDM/ODM on time, on cost, and on spec.
- Manage the CAPEX throughout NPI, leveraging necessary cost engineering activities to ensure best-in-class cost
- Complete the BOM risk assessment analysis, including the need for alternate component sourcing, supply chain risks, etc.
- Reduce complexity across products & platforms, including SKU rationalization, component commonality, supplier rationalization
- Conduct regular technology reviews to Executive staff and management(QBR’s)
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 12+ years Sourcing and Operations experience
- Proven leadership and strong supply management experience ready to take it to the next level in your career
- Relevant education or equivalent work experience in Business, Engineering (BSME, BSEE), Supply Chain Management or a related field of study
- MBA in a related field is helpful
- Experience working with senior executives(VP/SVP, C-suite) and exhibit strong leadership/influencing skills
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong skills and ability to synthesize and clearly summarize data
- Solid Collaboration skills working with multiple fields internal and external
- Strategic problem solver. Ideally with experience related to the following areas:
- Designing and developing either electronics and/or mechanical devices
- Advanced sourcing activities, including stints as commodity/sourcing managers
- Manufacturing, quality, and/or industrial engineering
- Attention to detail and possession of excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Experienced putting together the strategy for future developments – skill assessment and resource planning – know how to prepare presentations to business leaders for approval
- Solid understanding of sourcing methodologies, strong critical thinking and analytical ability, and process orientation in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems
- Skilled in negotiation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable leading projects, and operating in matrixed teams
- Should have the ability to balance multiple projects at different phases
- Ability to work both tactically and strategically in a team-oriented, collaborative environment to meet the needs of the business
- Act as a self-starter and great teammate and hold a customer-first approach
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON), provides Members with expert instruction, and world class content to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton brings together immersive classes, cutting-edge technology and hardware, and the Peloton App with multiple tiers to personalize the Peloton experience [with or without equipment]. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has millions of Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, and Austria. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members’ greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.