ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Manager, Accounting Policy and Governance to join our Accounting and Finance team at Peloton! This person will be part of our Technical Accounting team, which is responsible for the research and documentation of significant and non-routine transactions, partnering with all aspects of the business to ensure accurate and timely technical accounting reviews of proposed transactions and draft contracts, drafting and updating accounting policies, leading accounting standard adoption, and performing the accounting for complex business transactions. This position will report to the Senior Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting and will be responsible for creating and maintaining effective communication with multiple accounting and business partners.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
The person in this role will be responsible for the leading the development of our new Accounting Policy and Governance function charged with providing our CAO org with robust policy and training materials by:
- Owning the development and maintenance of the Company’s accounting policies and procedures, trainings, and authoritative guidance library.
- Assisting in the review, documentation, and continuous re-assessment of the Company’s key accounting judgments and estimates on a quarterly basis.
- Assisting in the development of the CAO Org’s annual Learning and Development Roadmap and supporting the delivery of presentations/training sessions on accounting issues, and other professional education programs & experiences.
- Developing and maintaining a repository of accounting trainings, policies, and authoritative guidance for the overall CAO organization.
- Presenting new accounting policies and changes to the organization’s critical accounting policies to executive management as necessary. Assist management in implementing necessary changes to policies, processes, and procedures to comply with new or changing accounting and financial reporting guidance.
- Obtaining, reviewing and documenting accounting, disclosure, and control considerations surrounding all significant contracts and transactions, modifications to existing contracts/arrangements with customers and leases.
- Managing and reviewing the evaluation and documentation of the Company’s accounting policies to be applied to new, significant, or unusual transactions.
- Coordinating with Internal Audit to drive SOX compliance, including the Company’s effort to design, implement and maintain our SOX compliance program.
- Partnering with our SEC Reporting team on a quarterly basis to support the review of the Form 10-Q/K and related materials, and assisting in developing disclosures for new standards.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge, and meeting continuing professional education requirements, by attending educational workshops and conferences, and reading professional publications.
- Preparing and reviewing accounting policy position papers documenting the Company’s position on technical accounting issues.
- Interacting with all functions and departments, responding to technical accounting inquiries and serving as a subject matter expert, on accounting policy and financial reporting.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 5+ years of external audit, accounting, and/or financial reporting experience at a public company.
- A passion for developing and sharing knowledge around critical accounting areas to the business.
- Must be a highly organized, meticulous self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Active CPA license required
- Strong technical accounting skills (knowledge of US GAAP) and ability to interpret, summarize and apply accounting standards.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to obtain relevant facts and effectively communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing, including communication of accounting policies and procedures to corporate and field-based Team Members
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to balance multiple priorities and timelines
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for the team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate, and proactively identify and prevent potential problems.
- Performs well under pressure and effectively balance multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to disaggregate, analyze and reconcile consolidated financial data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Proven strong technical accounting memo writing skills.
- Strong understanding of SOX and internal control concepts, including documentation requirements.
- IFRS reporting experience is a plus.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON), provides Members with expert instruction, and world class content to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton brings together immersive classes, cutting-edge technology and hardware, and the Peloton App with multiple tiers to personalize the Peloton experience [with or without equipment]. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has millions of Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, and Austria. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members’ greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.