ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Manager, Technical Accounting Controllership to join the Accounting and Finance team at Peloton! This person will be part of our Technical Accounting team, which is responsible for the research and documentation of significant and non-routine transactions, partnering with all aspects of the business to ensure accurate and timely technical accounting reviews of proposed transactions and draft contracts, drafting and updating accounting policies, leading accounting standard adoption, and performing the accounting for complex business transactions. This position will report to our Senior Manager, Technical Accounting Controllership, and will be responsible for the accounting, close, reporting, and analysis of the Company’s complex accounting areas, including legal contingencies, share-based compensation, and long-lived asset impairments.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
The person in this role will be responsible for the close and continuous improvement of the accounting for our most complex areas and will:
- Own the preparation of quarterly and monthly close journal entries, workpapers and analyses primarily covering areas such as ASC 440 – Commitments, ASC 450 – Contingencies, ASC 350 – Goodwill, ASC 360 – Long Lived Assets (with a focus on asset impairments), ASC 470 – Debt, ASC 718 – Stock-based compensation, Employee stock purchase program, ASC 805 – Business Combinations, ASC 810 – Consolidation, ASC 820 – Fair Value Measurement, as well as FX transactions and Derivatives/Financial Instruments as needed.
- Develop robust documentation around SOX-compliant internal controls, and ensure all controls are performed and documented in a manner that will meet the requirements of both internal and external auditors.
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity, and investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they occur in a timely manner
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching standard methodologies in the industry.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the accounting frameworks that govern the close areas under the Technical Accounting Controllership team’s purview.
- Partner with Technical Accounting and Accounting Policy teams to perform reviews of complex manners and ensure robust, GAAP/SOX compliant processes are implemented in order to capture these transactions.
- Partner closely with various corporate functions, ensuring that business needs are met while ensuring efficiency and accuracy of accounting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Own the execution of all aspects of the month-end close process as it pertains to the Technical Accounting Controllership team.
- Proactively participate in the management of the overall accounting and finance department as a key leader on the accounting team.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 5+ years of accounting or reporting at a public company and/or external audit of public companies. Experience in accounting close processes preferred.
- A fundamental understanding and application of US GAAP, and an eagerness to learn new accounting pronouncements and the accounting standards that govern your accounting areas.
- Ability to effectively communicate across the entire organization, with a high level of self-awareness when it comes to the effectiveness of your own communication and an ability to lead through influence.
- Critical thinking mindset that can support the effective financial system design and configuration of financial systems in order to support a rapidly growing and internationally expanding organization.
- Experience with SOX and internal control concepts, including documentation requirements.
- Experience in process improvement and automation of accounting controls and processes.
- Highly conscientious and proactive in managing up, escalating information, and over-communicating with your manager with an appropriate level of detail and a nuanced understanding of what matters most.
- Meticulous self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Active CPA license required and ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing, including communication of accounting requirements and procedures to corporate and field-based Team Members.
- IFRS reporting experience is a plus.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Alteryx, Oracle, Netsuite and/or Blackline preferred
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON), provides Members with expert instruction, and world class content to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton brings together immersive classes, cutting-edge technology and hardware, and the Peloton App with multiple tiers to personalize the Peloton experience [with or without equipment]. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has millions of Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, and Austria. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members’ greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.