ABOUT THIS ROLE
Peloton is seeking an outstanding Platform Reliability Engineer with a K8s (Kubernetes) focus to join our Platform team. Our team builds and maintains a multi-cluster, multi-region, reliable, and highly scalable Kubernetes platform. In this role, you will have a rare and great opportunity to work with groundbreaking technologies that encourage innovation and ensure the reliability of running workloads in a flexible, scalable, and secure way.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- You will be a technical leader within your team, influencing and driving technical investments across partner teams with a “Platform Thinking” attitude. You will help others in design, execution, and problem-solving
- Architect, develop, test, release, and support CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Gradle, and Artifactory
- Adhere to best practices in architectural design, testing (unit, integration, visual, and regression), and scrum methodology
- Assist in planning, execution, and updating of technical roadmaps
- Host a critical infrastructure that ensures that our developers have the best experience possible on multiple Kubernetes pods across multiple clusters
- Automatic, fast auto-scaling for Connected Fitness devices and eCommerce platform
- Develop and manage our Container Orchestration Platform, overseeing a diverse ecosystem of over 2,000 applications. This includes Multi-Cluster/Multi-tenant Kubernetes with 15+ clusters per environment, Istio Multi-cluster Mesh, and an AWS multi-account structure
- Design, improve, and implement additional services for our centralized Observability Platforms, ensuring efficient log management based on Splunk, and effective monitoring and alerting powered by DataDog and PagerDuty.
- Provide a platform for machine learning (and other exciting workloads) Allow developers to move quickly and experiment, without getting in the way
- Promote standard methodologies for building and operating highly reliable systems
- Consult in code and design reviews, planning, and technical discussions to ensure all are high quality, efficient, and well documented and meet reliability and capacity requirements
- Automate everything, from infrastructure down to day-to-day tasks
- Follow standard incident management process and demonstrate ability to conduct timely post-mortems of infrastructure incidents and high judgment in knowing when to triage and when to dive down into a root-cause analysis
- Assist with all aspects of operational security and compliance, seek out potential threats to security and reliability, and advocate solutions
- Participate in a rotating on-call duty schedule, providing support and assistance for the services within the Platform team’s responsibility
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering, with a solid understanding of Kubernetes and Infrastructure as Code
- 1+ years of systems configuration and automation experience (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform)
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in AWS Cloud infrastructure and Services, including CI/CD and IaC provisioning tools (Jenkins, ArgoCD, Scalr, Terraform, and Github Actions)
- Experience in a cloud environment like AWS or GCP, and familiarity with running containerized services
- Experience with a programming language like Python, Golang or Java.
- Knowledge of standard practices in observability and monitoring for Kubernetes clusters at scale with experience in cost optimization tools like Kubecost, Goldilocks, etc.
- Knowledge of standard processes in regards to securing a Kubernetes cluster and its deployments at scale
- Passion for helping development teams make the transition to a container-native world
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with a sense of ownership
- Design and operate large, reliable, and scalable distributed systems
- Knowledge of network infrastructure basics, including DNS, DHCP, firewalling, and load balancing, to facilitate multi-functional collaboration.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON), provides Members with expert instruction, and world class content to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton brings together immersive classes, cutting-edge technology and hardware, and the Peloton App with multiple tiers to personalize the Peloton experience [with or without equipment]. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has millions of Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, and Austria. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members’ greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.