ABOUT THE ROLE
The Personalization team at Peloton is looking for a machine learning engineer to design, build and maintain low latency and highly scalable content recommendations services for our super engaged members across multiple platforms. You will have a unique opportunity to build systems and services to provide real time recommendations and best in-class experience for the world’s leading at home fitness platform. You will work closely with other ML Engineers, API Engineers and Product Managers to build and test new ML product features. We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about fitness, and is excited about the challenges of unlocking the power of machine learning in a production environment.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Design and build Python microservices that power Peloton’s content recommendations.
- Create, deploy and monitor Personalization/machine learning services.
- Assume technical responsibility for Personalization services, and work with engineers to scale and improve testability of our production systems.
- Run A/B tests and experiments and analyze the results in collaboration with our product analysts.
- Collaborate and work closely with our platform teams to leverage their tools and infrastructure to rapidly iterate on ideas that drive delightful personalized experiences for millions of users.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles and fundamentals including data structures and algorithms.
- Experience writing code in Python, Java, Kotlin, Go, C/C++ with documentation for reproducibility.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL, Cassandra, or DynamoDB.
- Experience with designing RESTful API.
- Experience working with gRPC and designing microservices from ground up.
- Experience with concurrency and parallelism in Python and/or Java.
- Experience/Interest working in at least one of following ML disciplines: recommender systems, natural language processing or computer vision.
- Experience with building real-time ML applications with NVIDIA Triton/TorchServe.
- Experience working with Graph Databases (Neo4j).
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities.
- Have experience in building secure consumer facing APIs.
- Have experience leading backend development and engineering.
- Experience writing and speaking about technical concepts to business, technical, and lay audiences and giving data-driven presentations.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON), provides Members with expert instruction, and world class content to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton brings together immersive classes, cutting-edge technology and hardware, and the Peloton App with multiple tiers to personalize the Peloton experience [with or without equipment]. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has millions of Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, and Austria. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members’ greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.