ABOUT THE ROLE
Our e-commerce software engineers build engaging online shopping experiences to enable Peloton’s customers to find the right product to improve their physical and mental health. We work collaboratively with several departments throughout Peloton, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, and studio to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
We are looking for a Senior full-stack software engineer who is passionate about building features that delight users, strive for excellence in execution and delivery, a great teammates, and are self-motivated to continue learning and improving our software architecture.
You will cultivate a deep understanding of our e-commerce software while working on an agile team of Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers to deliver elegant, intuitive, accessible, bug-free, responsive, and user-friendly interfaces as well as build, integrate and evolve key components of our platform.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
Full-stack web application development with a variety of languages and technologies across our technical stack (see “Qualifications” for more details).
Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability, scalability, and internationalization.
Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair/mob programming and leading whiteboarding solutions, team discussions, and task breakdown.
Promote iterative development to deliver bug-free code, using best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, and monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process
Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, and call out potential trade-offs.
Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
Become a domain expert in e-commerce by working closely with our PMs, designers, product analysts, and our business partners in other departments.
Ability to collaborate with both remote and in-person teams.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things.
- Strong product and technical mindset.
- Commercetools or Shopify experience.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changed environment.
- Analytical and creative problem solver, with the flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs.
- Expert understanding of object-oriented and/or functional programming design principles.
- Good understanding of agile, lean, and DevOps principles.
- Proven experience with Kotlin/Java, React, Typescript, and GraphQL.
- Experience with testing frameworks.
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality.
- Have excellent time-management skills.
- Have experience doing code reviews of coworkers’ contributions
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU
- Have experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Familiarity with Python.
- Have experience with microservices architecture and the backend-for-frontend pattern.
- Have experience integrating and deploying to managed cloud infrastructure (AWS or GCP).
- Have experience working within e-commerce and third-party payment gateways and/or enterprise middlewares.
- 1+ years of experience in the financial services industry, e-commerce, credit card and payment related product operations.
- Are able to take a project from gathering requirements through actual execution and delivery.
- Enjoy talking to product, design, and business partners to better understand the problem space.
- Take the initiative to tackle problems.
- Have curiosity and a desire to continuously expand your skillset.
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON), provides Members with expert instruction, and world class content to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton brings together immersive classes, cutting-edge technology and hardware, and the Peloton App with multiple tiers to personalize the Peloton experience [with or without equipment]. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has millions of Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, and Austria. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members’ greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.