ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to help manage Peloton’s intercompany relationships and consolidation of the global results of Peloton on a monthly basis. This is a high-visibility role, which requires coordinating the flow of information from multiple business units located worldwide to the various global finance teams.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent eye for business, strong communication skills, and will be a natural numbers wizard with applicable expertise in Excel and other tools. In addition, the candidate has knowledge in regards to U.S. GAAP, business process design, internal controls and experience working with internal and external auditors. The candidate should be an analytical thinker, with a data driven background that supports cross-functional work streams. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to learn and grow and be a part of Peloton’s global business.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly consolidation with multiple domestic and international subsidiaries in accordance with US GAAP and ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results.
- Document intercompany transactions and accounting controls to ensure proper elimination of intercompany transactions upon consolidation.
- Assist with month-end close process for assigned areas, including daily interaction with business partners and external auditors.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and related balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist with monitoring key close metrics and analytics of monthly financial results and report on variances versus plan and prior periods to efficiently report results to senior management and internal business partners.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate close-related issues as they arise on a timely basis.
- Ensure all controls are performed and their evidence is documented in a manner that meets the requirements of internal and external auditors.
- Continually enhance consolidation processes by improving consistency and accuracy of reported results through automation, thoughtful analysis and researching or benchmarking best practices inside and outside of the company.
- Actively maintain and review designated general ledger accounts and activity.
- Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, treasury, tax, IT, legal and supply chain, etc.
- Assist in the testing of Peloton’s future state EPM tool.
- Execute ad hoc projects and analysis, as assigned.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance; Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- 2- 3 years of relevant Accounting experience; Big Four experience highly preferred
- In depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Experience in technology, retail and/or e-commerce preferred
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet pressing deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user (candidate must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets)
- Experience working with various systems (including, but not limited to NetSuite, Oracle, Alteryx, Blackline, Monday.com) a plus
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON), provides Members with expert instruction, and world class content to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton brings together immersive classes, cutting-edge technology and hardware, and the Peloton App with multiple tiers to personalize the Peloton experience [with or without equipment]. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has millions of Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, and Austria. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members’ greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.