About the Job
We are launching a 4-wall stealth venture in the Ambulatory Infusion Center (AIC) and Chronic Condition Management (CCM) space. This venture will transform the way patients with complex, chronic conditions are treated by reinventing the Ambulatory Infusion Center as a tech-enabled hub for infusion and chronic condition management. The venture will grow nationally through both de novo builds and M&A.
Chronic disease is at epidemic levels and growing rapidly, driven by an aging population and secular demographic trends. Chronic diseases, particularly those treated with specialty pharmaceutical infusions, are difficult to manage and costly, with total cost of care currently estimated at $440B. As a result, payors are aggressively implementing tactics to mitigate spend, such as shifting patients to lower cost sites of care. Simultaneously, providers are in limited supply and constrained by increasing administrative burden. Digital CCM models have emerged to address these challenges but have been ineffective with limited influence over patient behavior and ability to improve outcomes. These stakeholder dynamics further exacerbate an already complex and fragmented patient journey. With infusion core to this journey, the AIC is becoming the preferred infusion site of care for its lower cost and convenience. The AIC’s unique relationship with the patient, at the center of their care, creates an opportunity to expand the AIC’s role in this patient journey and help solve the structural challenges faced by patients, providers, and payors.
Our Stealth Venture re-envisions the Ambulatory Infusion Center as a hub for Chronic Condition Management, providing an entirely new way of delivering care to complex, chronic condition patients. Our model directly addresses the chronic condition epidemic through a human-centric and high-touch model, supported by technology, that elevates the patient and provider experience and delivers better outcomes at lower costs.
As COO of Pearl Infusion, you will be the company’s operational leader as we build and launch the business. You will report directly to the CEO.
What you’ll do:
- Build and scale operations for a tech-enabled Ambulatory Infusion Clinic that can act as a Chronic Condition Management hub.
- Manage clinic operations.
- Define organizational structure and ensure proper resources to support it.
- Design core operational processes to deliver best-in-class performance, quality, and satisfaction results for partners and patients.
- Operationalize and manage provision of care and supply chain, including vendors, inventory and logistics.
- Define and drive continuous improvements in core operating metrics.
- Regularly partner and communicate with the CEO and leadership team on operational priorities to scale the business.
- Partner with the CEO on strategic partnership conversations, including key provider, pharma, technology, and payor partners.
- Open locations and manage physical build out of CCM hub including vendor management and approval or design and architectural plans.
- Collaborate with the engineering and product teams to ensure the technology platform seamlessly integrates with the operations of the business, including expansion roadmap and execution plan.
- Identify and protocolize technology offerings, Infusion requirements and patient needs into a scalable operations platform.
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of experience and progressive leadership responsibilities in best-in-class operations roles.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- 4+ years of experience building and scaling high growth tech – enabled 4-wall operations.
- 3+ Experience building & managing complex clinical operations.
- Strong understanding of digitizing patient touchpoints.
- Understands how to implement evidence based clinical practices.
- Can implement and maintain operational excellence in a multi-site environment.
- Communicates Effectively. Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Plans & Aligns. Stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules. Anticipates and adjusts effective contingency plans. Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Directs Work. Provides clear direction and accountabilities. Delegates and distributes assignments and decisions appropriately. Monitors progress by maintaining dialogue on work and results. Provides appropriate guidance and direction based on people’s capabilities. Intervenes as needed to remove obstacles. Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to getting work done.
- Situational Adaptability. Picks up on situational cues and adjusts in the moment. Readily adapts personal, interpersonal, and leadership behavior. Understand that different situations may call for different approaches. Can act differently depending on the circumstances. Adapting approach and demeanor in real-time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Resourcefulness. Marshals resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done. Orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal. Gets the most out of limited resources. Applies knowledge of internal structures, processes and culture to resourcing efforts. Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.