Someone downloads Co–Star every 5 seconds.
In the five years since we launched, 25% of young people 18-25 in the US have downloaded Co-Star. Our growth has been entirely through word of mouth—we’ve never spent money on ads. Big Sean has rapped about us, Ariana Grande & Kevin Durant post screenshots to their IGs, and we’ve been App of the Day twice.
Astrology has been popular for 4000 years.
Astrology is a deterministic system, based on the physical location of stars in the sky. For thousands of years, it has given people the tools to reflect and connect in real, meaningful ways; a barely-disguised language for intimate conversation about hopes, emotions, fears, and needs.
We’re merging the resonance of the humanities with the precision of technology.
We’ve been using GPT since the very beginning. Every day, we generate millions of completely personalized horoscopes by combining natural language processing with the insights of staff poets & astrologers.
Content production at Co-Star
We’re looking for a Senior Content Strategist to join us as we continue to create and deliver personalized astrology content in a completely unique way. Your work will focus on prototyping and building new content modules for the Co-Star app using custom language modeling and generation methods. By joining our team, you’ll help tens of millions of people connect to each other and themselves through astrology in real, meaningful ways.
This full-time position reports directly to our Head of Content. It’s a hybrid role, requiring a few days per week at our New York City headquarters in SoHo.
What you’ll do:
- Content Prototyping and Development: Collaborate with writers, designers, product managers, and engineers to prototype new content modules for the app. Develop dynamic content modules using our in-house corpus, tools, LLMs and other experimental techniques.
- Astrological Logic and Algorithm Design: Collaborate with backend engineers to design, test, and implement astrology logic and algorithms for new content modules. Identify and address edge cases, ensuring high-quality outputs.
- End-to-End Content Production: Produce engaging and personalized content, both independently and in collaboration with writers. Edit and proofread both human-written and synthetically generated content to ensure customer satisfaction and other quality standards. Upload and launch new content using our proprietary content management system and other tools.
- Content QA and Testing: Test and evaluate production-ready content for accuracy and relevance. Document any issues and collaborate with the team to make necessary adjustments.
- Data and analytics: Collaborate with our data science and product teams to analyze and act on content performance metrics.
- Content Management System Operations: Maintain our content system, including spreadsheets, scripts, and documentation. Ensure all dynamic content modules, algorithms, and astrological logic are well-documented and up to date.
- Copyediting for voice & tone: Ongoing edits and revisions of app, brand, and social copy, making sure that it conforms with brand guidelines, taxonomy definitions, and other acceptance criteria. Supporting the rest of the content team with copy writing tasks as needed
What you’ll bring:
- Exceptional ability to program Excel/Google sheet formulas and familiarity with programming fundamentals. You should be ready and willing to poke around in and make tweaks to simple scripts and other code files.
- 5+ years of experience with serious focus on content and/or copy in a cross-functional startup environment or similar.
- A strong understanding of astronomy and astrology—or a willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to decompose complex problems into discrete components, accessible systems and procedures.
- Capacity to develop and maintain systems that cross-functional team members can easily access and understand.
- A deep curiosity about the human experience and astrology’s potential as a tool for understanding, connection, and intimacy.
- Strong editorial instincts. You have previous experience editing copy for a brand.
- A hawk’s eye for detail, but you can accept imperfection when the overarching structure demands it.
What we offer
- Fully covered $0 deductible healthcare + vision, dental, and therapy
- 401(k) + 5% matching
- Unlimited vacation + 2 week company-wide recharge at the end of each year
- Equipment budget
- 12 weeks 100% paid parental leave
- Readings with in-house astrologers
Co–Star deeply values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or zodiac sign.