Cure is a VC-backed hydration brand based in New York City. We’re the only premium hydration brand with a science-backed formula, plant-based ingredients, no added sugar, and 4x the electrolytes of leading sports drinks. The product is based on the World Health Organization’s formula for Oral Rehydration Solution that is proven to hydrate as effectively as an IV drip but, unlike other ORS products, the ingredients are non-GMO, sustainably sourced, and have no added sugar. Made with coconut water and pink Himalayan salt, Cure provides everything your body needs for daily hydration and nothing it doesn’t.
Cure is backed by a medical advisory board that includes Dr. Roshini Raj, Dr. Dana Cohen, Brooke Alpert and is FSA/HSA Eligible. In just 4 years, Cure has expanded to over 13,000 retail stores nationwide including CVS, Walgreens, and Sprouts, and was named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies in America at #225 (#10 in Food and Beverage). Cure is a female-founded company, certified Plastic Neutral, and donates a serving for every purchase made to someone in need.
Our investors include Lerer Hippeau, Valedor Partners, Rocana Ventures, Beliade, Silas Capital, Litani Ventures, Joyance Partners, Parallel Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital, Simple Food Ventures, Carly Strife (Founder of BARK), Kathleen King (Founder of Tate’s Cookies), Philip Krim (CEO at Casper), Nick Green (CEO at Thrive Market), Nas, Kim Clijsters, Andy Roddick, and more.
About the Job:
At Cure Hydration, we’re obsessed with helping our customers and employees thrive. As our Director of Sales, Grocery, you will report to Cure’s VP of Sales and be responsible for developing strategic sales plans, managing trade spend, nurturing buyer relationships, and managing our broker network.
This person will be eager to grow the grocery business by driving sales and profitability growth through effective promotions, engaging marketing tactics, new item distribution, and launching with new retail partners.
We are looking for someone with strong relationship management and business development skills, who will support the team to maintain retail excellence.
In this role you will:
- Develop and deliver effective sales presentations using quantitative and qualitative data to drive retail expansion.
- Prospect and close new accounts within the grocery channel and complete vendor onboarding from start to finish, including new item paperwork, promotional plans, and placement deals.
- Manage and grow all current wholesale accounts in the grocery channel to achieve our strategic growth plan and exceed velocity expectations.
Retail Marketing and Tradeshow Management
- Own and execute trade spend by account, including promotional allowances, EDLC programs, payment terms negotiation, and retail marketing programs. You will be expected to maintain marketing allocation allowance and report on performance.
- Work closely with the Marketing team on digital initiatives for all dotcom and omnichannel partners to achieve company KPIs.
- Deliver on best-in-class marketing initiatives within retail stores in partnership with Cure’s marketing team.
- Develop store associate programming as needed.
- Provide onsite support, including merchandising, demos, and events on an ad hoc basis.
- Plan and execute all retailer and distributor tradeshows in coordination with Sales and Operations teams.
- Support Sales team with key initiatives.
Distributor and Broker Management
- Manage and grow distributor partners; oversee promotional plans, marketing budget, inventory management, and reporting.
- Ensure brokers are driving towards achieving company goals through bi-weekly check-ins, performance reports, and channel growth.
Forecasting and Reporting
- Collaborate with the Operations team regularly to ensure we have adequate inventory levels to support the growth of the business.
- Communicate and coordinate with Sales, Operations, and Marketing teams to discuss planned product promotions to produce more accurate inventory forecasts.
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting on revenue generated from purchase orders and point-of-sale performance.
- Partner with Finance to ensure all deductions from trade spend are accurate.
- Are excited about entrepreneurship and are committed to helping people live healthier lives
- 10 or more years of work experience, with sales experience in food, beverage, or supplement category
- Experience in prospecting, managing deal flow pipeline, and negotiating contracts
- Excels in relationship management
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present to various management levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and CRM systems
- UNFI/KeHe experience required
- E-commerce and Start-up experience is a plus
- Strong record of leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
- Self-driven, Curious, Confident, Optimistic, and Passionate
- Quick, reliable, and a charismatic. You love networking and meeting new people!
- US-based with work authorization to work in the US
- Compensation: Competitive pay + bonus + stock options + 401k
- Vacation: Unlimited vacation days, summer Fridays and holidays
- Cure Cares: 2 days off annually to volunteer in your local community
- Product: All Cure employees receive a free Cure subscription
- Healthcare: Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Wellness: $750/year in wellness stipends
- Remote Work: We have team members on both EST and PST
Please submit your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re aware of the research showing that historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a job if they don’t believe that they meet all of the criteria. Do you hesitate to submit applications because you believe you need to check every box? Please apply anyway with a thoughtful cover letter! We would love to hear from you to discuss how you can help us build a great team at Cure.