Job Description: Lead Trainer
What is Pvolve? Are you ready to be a part of the future of fitness? Where traditional workouts break you down and push your body to the limits, our Method works with the body’s mechanics to deeply activate muscles and strengthen the body wholistically for long-term results. With programs that are co-created alongside a Clinical Advisory Board of experts, we offer something for every woman.
What is the role? The Lead Trainer is a permanent, full-time position with an expected 40 hours per week (this includes a required weekly teaching schedule of 12 – 15 classes). This high-profile role is responsible for building and mentoring the trainer team. This individual also works closely with studio management, operations, and acts as a liaison to the corporate training team to uphold quality class experiences and continued membership growth. This role will lead trainer recruitment efforts, execute training of new hires (after studio launch), plan and host community events, and engage in marketing, press, influencer, and general PR opportunities to grow brand presence locally. The lead trainer knows how to lead by example and continuously sets the bar for outstanding class experiences.
- Teach a total of 12-15 classes per week.
- Successfully complete both the Pop Up training and 100-hour immersive training programs to deliver on all components of the Pvolve class experience
- Serve as an advisor/mentor for the trainer team.
- Provide ongoing development of trainer team by taking classes and giving feedback to ensure trainer growth.
- Under the direction of corporate, execute training modules for ongoing trainer development.
- Serve as an expert on programming, client connection, alignment, motivation, music, vocals to embody and model the Pvolve class experience.
- Maintains product knowledge regarding class packages, promotions, studio conversion and utilization goals.
- Serve as the liaison between talent and operations, including but not limited to advising on member concerns, sound, equipment rotation, strategic schedule optimization, promotional opportunities, community, etc.
- Collaborate with operations team to grow and retain studio memberships through sales initiatives and ensure trainers are doing their part both pre and post class to drive membership conversion.
- Collaborate with operations team on community events to foster a strong, thriving studio community.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing on any press, influencer, and external partnerships to grow the brand locally.
- Grow studio social channels in partnership with Social Media Manager/ Studio Manager
- Execute bi-weekly trainer meetings.
- Remain current in the fitness world, keeping informed of competitive offerings and opportunities for improvement, to ensure market share.
- Participate in outside continued education to keep personal skill level and certifications up to date, as applicable and advised by corporate.
- Other duties and projects as assigned and as needed.
- 3+ years of group fitness teaching experience with a strong performance record
- Experience teaching in modalities such as Pilates, Barre, Dance, or other mind-body class formats
- Teacher training and management experience
- Experience coaching the ongoing development of trainer teams
- Experience leading successful teacher trainings to ensure high-quality standards
- Comfortable on a mic leading a fast-paced class with loud music and lots of energy in the room
- A high-energy, charismatic teaching style with the ability to coach to various fitness levels
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude where everyone pitches in to grow the bottom line
- A growth mindset with the ability to both receive and give feedback, seeking constant growth and development within our feedback culture
- A rich understanding of safe exercise practices; anatomy, alignment, physiology, and proper movement execution
- Must exemplify our core values and act as a leader within the organization
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills
- Excellent business acumen with an ability to be both strategic and hands-on with staff
- Possess a big picture focus while implementing detailed, systematic work to drive results
- Current trainer certification from accredited certifying bodies, with preference for one of the following NASM, ACE, or AFAA. Specialty certifications are a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree in an exercise related field a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- Referral program
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person